It's been two weeks since surgery and I am feeling better each day. My range of motion is improving and I am decreasing my dosage of pain medication as I can. Some days are great, other days I don't feel like I am making much progress, but overall I am doing well. I had my first appointment with the reconstructive surgeon on Thursday and was able to have one of the recovery tube-things removed and will get the other one removed on Thursday. It was a short appointment, but the doctor said that everything was looking good!
I am looking forward to meeting the oncologist on Wednesday and learning more about the structure of my upcoming few months. I have been told that I will be going through chemotherapy, but don't know much about it or how the treatments will be structured. I also hope to find out if I need any radiation, but I am under the impression that I won't.
On a lighter note, I was walking through my kitchen on Wednesday and caught a breeze from the open window. It was chilly and I got the goosebumps. And it happened without warning, just like that. PNS. Yes, folks. Phantom. Nipple. Syndrome. I quickly reached up, but alas, they weren't there. A Matchbox Twenty song from 10 years ago started playing in my head, "When You're Gone..." I tilted my head up in a nostalgic manner... but quickly realized that I don't like that song and was distracted by trying to think of another, more catchy tune.
So, if you have access to some nipples, please twist them and smile. :)
Carrie
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All I can say is Holy Crap Carrie! Not about the nipples, just about everything in general. You have had a crazy month my dear and you will be in my prayers... And Gabe's (my 2 year old).. I am so pleased to see you have a great sense of humor about this. I recently did a CE on breast cancer (I'm a pharmacist) and from what I read you've got good cancer!
ReplyDeleteAbout the nipples... I am breast feeding my 3 month old and he 'bit' me the other day. Next time he does that I'll smile just for you...
Hi! Glad everything is going well. Just wondering if you could e-mail me, I need to get your home address.
ReplyDeleteThanks,
Shauna
You crack me up! All I can say is, PNS is probably better than someone I know who got a colostomy and was warned about experiencing phantom anus. :D
ReplyDelete-Erica
Dear C,
ReplyDeleteYour PNS made me laugh. I'm thinking of a visit next year, but I'll have to find some funds.. To be continued!
Did you receive my package? Hope so!
Love
Ruth
I'm always willing to grope myself in the name of sisterhood! ;) FYI: Jessica Simpson is hawking wigs on QVC for a hundred a pop! You can even get one in red...
ReplyDeleteJust sayn'
Jo
you seriosly are so cute and funny!
ReplyDeleteMrs. Kadrlik