Monday, October 5, 2009

Recovering

Carrie is now in her room and resting. She has some pain, but the morphine is definitely helping. The doctors said the surgery could not have gone any better. She has a great attitude and is even making jokes, complimenting the nurses, and carrying on a conversation - that is the Carrie we all know and love! She is at Abbott Northwestern Hospital in the main building, East bank of elevators, in room E3156. Please feel free to come and visit, if you'd like. Also, please feel free to post any comments to this blog and I'll relay them to Carrie. She has enjoyed hearing them! Thanks!

14 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you are out of surgery and launched on the healing process. And that the lymph nodes are clear! Michael and I will be by on Tuesday, if you are up for a visit.

    Lots of love!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skol Carrie! Sorry...watching the game...

    surgery is done! nodes are clear! Yay!!!!!

    i'll be over tomorrow. Let me know if you need anything. Get some sleep.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear some good news. Get tons of rest. We're thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news Carrie! I'm not surprised you're joking around with the nurses. Your incredible attitude and strength will ensure a very speedy recovery. Enjoy the morphine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carrie,

    You rock. I'm so happy that everything went so well and that you are keeping the nurses laughing. Here's to a speedy recovery. I'll bring you some apple crisp soon! Love ya, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful your surgery was successful and you're recovering nicely. Take it easy and don't even THINK about checking your email!! :) I'm sending hugs your way...

    skate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carrie,
    So glad to hear everything went smoothly! Keep up the positive attitude. Am thinking of you often as are the girls. Hailey says if you need any help with the dogs, let her know!
    Rest easy,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How was your night? Were you able to get some sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Carrie,

    So happy to hear everything went well! I had no worries at all because you're a fighter. We miss you and you're in our thoughts and prayers. :-)

    PS Heather sends her blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Carrie! The Cruzes are ALL thinking of you and praying for you! And you know everything is going to be okay when you get JoAnne Cruz praying for you - she's like a professional at it! As your St. Paul neighbors Santo and I are here to help with anything you need. And of course, if you need anything from your US Senator... just let me know:)
    Love,
    Kali

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carrie, Just wondering how your night went and how you feel today? I've been thinking about you, as well. Maybe Kelly can give us an update when she has time. Get your rest. :) Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Carrie-
    I am so pleased to hear that surgery went well and the lymph nodes are clear. A great first few steps on this journey. I continue to turn my thoughts and prayers toward you. Let me know when you are ready for those caramel rolls :).

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Carrie, so happy to hear everything went great, knew it would. Your an incredible person who I feel blessed to have met and to know. Funny how life works sometimes huh. It gives you doses of hope and love you didn't know existed. Thanks again for the inspiration.
    Adios!!! haha Adios indeed.

    love to ya, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carrie, Well sweety hear you came out of surgery and nodes are clear, half the battle taken care of, I know you are a strong woman, so I expect to hear your recovery is speedy and like I said your bedside manner has already kicked in so the staff is safe, our thoughts and prayers are with you. I know your parents are there and you will be in good hands. Tell Kelly Thanks for updates, take care Love ya ,Candace

    ReplyDelete